Friday, February 13, 2009

Green Bags, 5 stars

I got convinced enough by the commercials to try those green bags that are purported to extend the life of produce, and am happy to report that they work, very well! I wouldn't say 27 days or anything, but we don't keep stuff that long anyhow.

I was most impressed with how they saved my blueberries. I poured them right into the bag loose and they did last for 5 days...might have longer but I ate them. Blueberries, strawberries and raspberries I just don't bother to buy, they seem to have mold by suppertime, its stupid! But now I will.

So, my consumer review of Green Bags is 5 stars *****

Anyone else try these, and what were your results?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree, green bags are awesome! We first heard of them from our CSA and have been using them for about a year and a half now. I especially love them for fragile greens like lettuce and spinach. During the growing season, we get way more food in our CSA share than we can eat in a week. We freeze, dry, and can a lot, but some veggies just aren't good for that, which is where the green bags step in. I will attest that they do indeed keep some produce for 27 days or even longer.

Trish said...

It took my bok choy almost 3 weeks to start getting mushy in a green bag.  I've noticed that although the bananas don't get brown so quickly they do taste as old as they are. I'm very happy with the bags. 