Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Oldies

I am experiencing major mush-brain, but I wanted to tell you a little about how this blog got started!

I used to have a homeschooling/family newsletter type blog. But then everyonce in a while, I would really, really want to write about birth. Every once in a while I would really, really want to write about pink hairdye. every once in a while I would really, really want to write about recipes or ways to save money or simplicity ala moving to a tiny house....and it didnt seem to fit. Especially the birth stuff, it was way too radical for my "readers" and my anger levels felt very bottled up and I just wanted a dedicated platform to say my thang, you know?

So I envisioned having a birth blog. But where to discuss fashion? Where to discuss groceries? So I made all four.

Here was one of my first birthy things I ever wrote on the original blog. It might not be my best writing but I remember the feelings of writing that piece like it was yesterday. Believe it or not this was one of the first times I ever DISCUSSED my feelings about my c section(s), anywhere, ever! I had a TON of anger at the "people who didnt come help me" and at my own naivete and foolishness at not putting aside alot of money to just hire-out. Almost exactly like Eska's birth, the anger circles around and grasps for someone to be angry AT and it goes back to myself and then it does slow down, it does.

ps I am STILL writing my birth story but it is so long!!!!! it is in "drafts"--very rare for ole' impulsive Joy.

4 comments:

Jill Arnold said...

Delurking.

I'm glad you decided to write about birth. The c-section post to which you linked is one of those "should I laugh, cry or seethe?" reads. It says it all.

Thomasin said...

I'm so happy that you chose to share your thoughts and experiences, Joy. They carried me through my pregnancy and then, when I had to have a c-section 'cause my baby was breech and no one would let me even attempt a vaginal delivery (not my midwives, certainly not the hospital my insurance paid for) I thought of you a lot. I think it was because of your honest stories about your c-sections that I didn't feel bad about asking for help, demanding that someone take care of me while I was in bed without worrying that I sounded bitchy, letting myself heal rather than trying to clean the house. And for that, I sincerely thank you.

Keep writing. I'll keep reading.

Kelley said...

You have definitely had a wild ride when it comes to bringing babies into the world, Joy. I admire you and who you are, and your writing is very powerful to me. Thank you for linking to this.

Housefairy said...

Awesome. I am forever glad that I do this, too.

I need to make more time for blogging.